Entries are now being accepted for the 2011 Greener Package Awards, the industry’s only independent annual competition honoring the most innovative and environmentally significant approaches to packaging sustainability. Since the second edition of the competition last year, Greener Package and its Advisory Board of Experts have revamped the award’s entry requirements to more fully reflect the industry’s movement toward data-driven solutions.
“The 2011 Greener Package Awards program is taking a more metrics-focused approach and a more stringent assessment of the recovery industry in comparison with last year’s program,” confirms 2011 awards chairperson Sean Sabre of ModusLink Global Solutions. “These changes reflect the philosophy of Greener Package related to thought leadership, and its willingness to push the envelope.”
- Manufacturers are able to Prove Their Sustainability Claims to Customers and Stockholders through the Greener Product Certification Program (prweb.com)
- Coca Cola, DuPont, Kellogg’s and Others Establish a Trade Organization for Sustainable Packaging (treehugger.com)
- Packaging the Future: The Road to Greener Packaging at Ben & Jerry’s (inhabitat.com)
- What are some ways that packaging is getting more eco friendly? (greenanswers.com)
- Walmart, Amazon.com lead push toward greener packaging (venturebeat.com)