Home improvement retail chain Home Depot is teaming with mobile barcode solutions provider Scanbuy to launch a new QR code initiative spanning across more than 2,200 U.S. stores. Introduced this week in conjunction with a print ad promoting the Martha Stewart Living kitchens brand, the Home Depot campaign incorporates 2D barcodes to give consumers mobile access to product ratings and reviews, How-To guides and product-specific videos.
In addition to print advertising, Home Depot will include the Scanbuy codes in its direct mail efforts and will also roll out unique codes to store shelves, signage and other marketing materials. Shoppers may also purchase items via mobile device both in and out of stores.
Consumers can download Scanbuy’s ScanLife application at Homedepot.com/scan or they can text HDscan to 43588. Estimates indicate that roughly 25 million U.S. consumers own mobile phones integrating barcode scanning technology.
- Mobile Barcodes Come to The Home Depot (mashable.com)
- QR codes make your shopping experience interactive at Home Depot (jennstrathman.com)
- ScanBuy partnering with operators to let people scan barcodes with no app required (intomobile.com)
- Important Marketing Trend – QR Codes (manateeornprod.wordpress.com)
- QR Codes: Trends and Social Media Strategies (capturetheconversation.com)
- QR Codes: What, Why, How & Where (slideshare.net)