Creative agency Colenso BBDO has created Doggelganger, a fun website for a good cause. The Pedigree Adoption Drive in New Zealand offers support to thousands of abandoned dogs each year and this idea was designed to boost the campaign to find them new homes.
The human to canine pairing site uses facial recognition software to scan an uploaded or webcam photo and match it to a dog in their database. After all, many people believe that a dog and their owner often look alike. Once a match is found, you are shown a picture of the dog, its name, age, sex, breed, location, and a short paragraph about its personality. You can then fill in an online form to make contact, share the result via email and social networks, or start over to get a new match.
Post a photo of your match on our FACEBOOK PAGE and see mine there
- Find Your Canine ‘Doggelganger’ With This Pedigree App (adweek.com)
- Doggelgänger facial recognition software matches you with your puppy lookalike [Doggleganger] (io9.com)
- Doggelgänger Facial Recognition Matches You With An Adoptable Pet That Looks Like You (geekologie.com)
- “Doggelganger” Facial Recognition Software Helps Narcissists Adopt Pets (thegloss.com)
- Human Canine Pairings – The Doggelganger Site Finds Your Perfect Dog (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Doggelganger software is here. Find your perfect dog-match. (adland.tv)