Ok… if you, like I, grew up when family car trips consisted of playing travel bingo and trying not to kill your siblings across the miles to your destination – this will AMAZE YOU!
via: Toyota Belgium
Imagine when a journey from A to B is no longer routine as your car in the near-future encourages a sense of play, exploration and learning. This is the image engineers and designers from Toyota Motor Europe (TME) and the Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design (CIID) had of Toyota’s “Window to the World” vehicle concept.
NB: The video used to promote this vehicle concept is a simulation filmed in static, controlled environments. All health and safety requirements were met for the described conditions. Toyota will never promote unsafe behaviors, and will always encourage passengers to fasten their seatbelts.
- Toyota – “Window to the world” (cosmonavigator.wordpress.com)
- Augmented Reality: Toyota Window to the World (wired.com)
- Toyota Window to the World: Amazing Interactive Passenger Windows (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Someday We’ll Eliminate The Dreaded “Are We There Yet?” [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Toyota shows off window concept that lets passengers zoom in on the world outside (slashgear.com)
- Toyota demos augmented-reality-enhanced car windows (reviews.cnet.com)
- “Everywhere we look we’re surrounded by… (new-aesthetic.tumblr.com)
- Toyota Motor Europe expands R&D operations at new proving ground in Belgium (reviews.cnet.com)
- Toyota Motor Europe completes construction of new Zaventem Proving Ground (autoblog.com)
- Toyota Interactive Window Is Already Making Me Angry With My Future Children (videogum.com)