Last year I attended PODi’s AppForum for the first time. What I found would best be described as a community that worked together to provide education, share experiences as well case studies, all for the greater good of the digital print industry. It’s not often that you attend sessions at Trade Shows where “competing” vendors are discussing the industry and NOT their products and services on panels, but such is the case here. It was very refreshing and made it much easier to absorb information from everyone’s point of view. I am not even a Printer and I walked away with a ton of valuable information about digital print, cross media, and numerous software solutions. On top of that, the networking was top notch, and I am still in contact with many people I met in Las Vegas last year.
I asked PODi to provide some information for us on the upcoming 2013 AppForum, and especially for anyone teetering on the go/no go fence. They have graciously provided the information below, and also gave PMC a registration discount code to share! I am excited to attend the AppForum again in January, and hope to see many of you there. You can follow updates and conference information from @PODi_ORG, #appforum13, and of course @PrintMediaCentr.
Your time is valuable and, lately it seems, in extraordinarily short-supply. Still, if you’re building a business around digital print and the profitable applications and solutions it makes possible, there is no better way to spend your time than PODi’s AppForum. AppForum is for you if you are:
- Transitioning a traditional print company to a solutions-based business model
- Looking for ways to escape commodity pricing and increase profits
- Ready to explore new opportunities, like cross-media, online portals, packaging
- Primed to sell solutions, but unsure of how to get started
- Hungry to meet peers and learn what is working for them and how to apply best practices
Never heard of AppForum? It’s an intense, 3-day learning experience, not a tradeshow. It’s hosted by PODi, the leading organization for the digital print industry. “This conference is the only place innovators can go to hear the full story on what’s happening with digital print – it’s independent and unbiased,” says PODi President, Rab Govil. “This is where the leaders come to learn. For the past 11 years, people who are committed to making money with new print technologies have come to this one event – to learn, to share, to connect with the community. There is a unique atmosphere of openness and a focus on planning, strategy and opportunity.”
So what will you find at AppForum?
- Over 40 educational sessions, presented not by vendors, but by your peers and their customers. These are people just like you who are making change work for them – and succeeding!
- Best practices, case studies, panel discussions, intensive sessions on an astounding range of topics – from high-level business strategies and solution sales training to interactive paper, packaging, cross-media integration, workflow automation, cloud computing, web-to-print portals and mobile and social media
- The most productive networking you’ll experience in 2013: over 400 of the industry’s most successful business owners, presidents and upper management attend AppForum, along with sales teams, marketers and technology pros
People keep coming back to AppForum – because they leave with actionable ideas for new opportunities:
- “AppForum is my go-to event…I always pick up ideas…that we get a return on immediately.” Randy Herron, Herron Printing
- “While going over takeaways, we came up with a million dollar idea!” Jason Ellis, Accu-Print
- “I give PODi and AppForum credit for providing my company with the impetus to transform ourselves into a true marketing service provider.” Bob Berland, Berland Communications
- “(AppForum is a place for) learning how to talk the talk and walk the walk.” Bob Davies, Segardahl
Get details on the five Tracks, Keynotes, Session Descriptions and Speakers. AppForum is sponsored by leading technology experts, including Gold Sponsors Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Xerox and XMPie, and features a Vendor Fair.
Register for AppForum with PrintMediaCentr’s special discount code to save $100. Use code: 2PMC13AF www.appforum.org/register