Their REPORT is obviously based upon their product, but the numbers are still a pretty good case for QR code usage in your marketing mix… especially if you are trying to reach the ladies…
Some take aways:
Scans come from over 125 different countries every day.
– 2D barcode scanning is currently outpacing the growth of 1D barcodes, a major shift from 2010.
– Over 45,000 2D barcodes were generated from the ScanLife platform in the 2nd quarter, a 300% increase from a year ago.
– Over 400,000 unique UPC codes, or products, were scanned by the ScanLife app in a single month.
– The number of females scanning increased 13%, and the 35-44 age-group increased 8% from the last quarter showing a continued trend toward the mainstream.
- ScanLife: barcode traffic up 600 per cent year on year (mobile-ent.biz)
- QR Codes Can Help Spread the Word About Your Business – Online and Off (pcworld.com)
- Giant QR code Analytics (antonyjwhite.wordpress.com)