The video and concept Tablet are aimed at consumers, but this product also has amazing potential for in-store displays! The second video shows the screen applied to tangible materials and Im not sure since it’s a concept if they can be made any larger, but if they could – imagine the Trade Show Booth of the future!
Samsung’s Transparent and Flexible Concept Tablet
by Jolie O’Dell
You can see through it, bend it, fold it and roll it up — and of course, you can use it to read books, browse the web, take pictures and watch videos.
Granted, the video above is replete with special effects to show off as-yet unavailable-to-consumers technology. However, we’ve seen Samsung making big investments in flexible screens, and the video above lines up with demos we saw earlier this year:
- Samsung flexible tablet concept shows transparent future (slashgear.com)
- Samsung shows off flexible OLED tablet concept (techradar.com)
- Samsung shows us what their flexible tablet technology could look like [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Samsung teases flexible, transparent display in concept video (engadget.com)
- Check out Samsung’s amazing, transparent, flexible tablet (video) (venturebeat.com)
- Samsung unfurls flexible, see-through tablet concept (news.cnet.com)
- Samsung tablet concept shows a see-through, bendable future (w/ video) (physorg.com)
- Flexible Transparent Display of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Samsung Dreams Up Flexible, Transparent 3D Display in Concept Video (techland.time.com)
- Samsung concept shows off transparent, flexible, 3D AMOLED displays (9to5google.com)
- Samsung Flexible AMOLED Touts 3D, Bendable Tablet Size Touchscreen Device; As If It’s A Thin See Through Plastic Paper (essayboard.com)